Sunday, August 19, 2012

Joan Miró's Birds

I have a affection for the childlike surreal world that Joan (hoh-ahnMiró created. His lyrical lines and beautiful forms and color appeal to the pre-schooler to the grandparent.  Miró talks to everyone.

His inclusion of animals has always interested me.  Dogs, cats, and birds move about his works regularly. Today I will feature some of his works with birds. 

First up, is the first Miró that I ever featured and probably one of my favorites. A bird is flying around the arch nemesis, the cat. 


Cat Encircled by the Flight of a Bird-1941
The Lightening Bird Blinded By Moonfire, 1955
Woman and the Bird in Night-1944
Woman, Birds, and a Star-1949
And I am ending with a painting whose title is one of the best that I have ever run across!

 A Dew Drop Falling from a Bird's Wing Wakes Rosalie, Who Has Been Asleep in the Shadow of a Spiders Web-1939

May you have a Joan Miró week, lyrical and magical.   

Here is the link to my original article featuring Joan Miró.

No comments:

Post a Comment