Monday, January 25, 2016

Of Things Symphonic


A few times during the year, Michael and I venture up to Kansas City to enjoy The Kansas City Symphony. For all the years we have been together (since 1970), classical music has been one of our shared loves. Now with the beautiful Kaufmann Center For the Art, our visual love of art and architecture is also nourished. 

The evening's concert was music by Vaughn Williams and Sir Edward Elgar, two of our favorite British composers. 

I donned one of my LBDs for the occasion and added a few  accessories that suited my mood. For this Saturday night,  I used gray and silver with a small flash of rhinestone.



It's cold at the moment in the Midwest, so a coat is essential. I paired my red Via Spiga with this look.


As usual, I have collected pieces from everywhere. Here's the low down. I do this with bullets. It easier for me to organize everything and I hope it is easier for you to follow.

  • My LBD is new or secondhand new. It was a score from Goodwill. I call these pieces my GW Courteur. You can't see the detail because it's black but there are triangular panels going down the front. 
  • The statement necklace is Isadora by Stella and Dot and sourced on Ebay.
  • The purse is Coach. I'm on the online Coach Outlet sale group. I'm not sure how I got there. They say you have to sign up in a store now. I just know that I've gotten some great deals.
  • Bracelet-Kohls
  • rhinestone earrings-TJ Maxx
  • Grey suede shoes-Ralph Lauren-Tuesday Morning, of all places  
  • As previously said, my coat is Via Spiga that I found on Ebay. I got one last year for my youngest daughter (I got so tired of seeing her in this old blue coat) and liked it so much that I got a red one.
  So as you can see, I hardly ever go to a regular department store or mall. There's just no fun in that.


I still like to get behind the camera. 

Still Life in Black and Grey #1




 Bells and Whistles
  
Bells and Whistles is my choices of polish and  perfume for the look. I won't have this all the time, but occasionally I will sneak it in. 




 The Bell for today is Zoya's Imogen, a PixieDust. Zoya is the great enabler. Get on their mailing list, and they give you some deals you can't refuse. I won't wear black only on my nails. But give me some black with flash, that's a different story. Imogen, with it's holo glitter,  is like a galaxy on your nails. I will tell you that I did first put a base coat of pure black on (Zoya's Willa). Be forewarned, if you try PixieDusts or any glitter based polish, they are the dickens to get off. 

In my still life, I have two other bottles of polish shown and I have worn them also with this ensemble. They are shown on a different blog found here.


The Whistle for today is  Eric Buterbaugh's Florals Sultry-Rose. I do not own this this gloriously simple beautiful bottle.  I am a big believer of small samples and purchase my perfumes from Perfume Court. I can experiment with different scents and especially enjoy Perfume Court's theme sets. Does anyone else do this, or am I just a tad weird?

 Once upon a time I said, " I will raise a Rose but not wear a Rose". Eric Buterbaugh put a stop to that nonsense. This perfume is deep and mysterious. The top notes are Rose, Passionfruit and Pepper. Check out the links for the middle and bottom notes. This one is glorious. The creator is llias Ermenidis who created it for himself but gave it it Eric as a tribute to his flower artistry.   

Of Things Architectural 

OK, now it time for the art teacher (retired) to take over. I love I have to talk about The Kauffman Center. This structure has put Kansas City on the map. Designed by Moshe Sadfie, it is just  gorgeous and at night, I can't tell you how beautiful it is. It's an hour drive each way, but it is so worth it! So goes the life of livin' in the country and goin' to the city!


The exterior of the Kauffman Center of the Arts, designed by Moshe Sadfie




Helzburg Hall, the performance hall of the symphony.




 This is the interior of the smaller performance space, The Murial Kauffman Hall. And I will have to admit, I enjoy being in this space rather than the larger Helzburg Hall. It seems like a jewel box to me and there's not a bad seat in the house. The performances always seem close and personal. This is the home of the Kansas City Ballet and The Lyric Opera. Rachelle and I just recently saw the ballet's The Three Musketeers performance.


That's it for today. Take care, Terri

I'm linking up with Patti's Visible Monday HERE,  Catherine's
#iwillwearwhatilike HERE, Cherie's Shoe and Tell HERE




Photography by Rachelle Gardner-Roe of StudioRMG



No comments:

Post a Comment