Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Cold and Windy April Night

Friday night is Starbucks, shopping and thrifting.  Michael settles in at Starbucks with a good book and coffee. I do the other stuff and join him when I'm finished. 

Where I live, Mother Nature had a fun time on the first Friday of April. Sunny but cold with a good dose of wind, some folks probably would have revolted, worn flower prints, cut offs, and flip flops. But for me, it was just one more time to wear one of my wool Fedoras!


I could call this my menswear look with a bit of vintage whimsy. As usual, it's a bit of new, thrifted, and vintage.

My Fedora is new by DPC, with the color "putty". I picked it up at my favorite KC hat store Exclusively For You.  

The pricey-looking navy jacket (Collections for Le Suit) with tan and grey pinstripes is another great thrifty find. I know originally it was part of some ensemble but by the time it made it to the thrift store it was all by its lonesome--and not expensive!

My jeans are Madewell skinnies and I got them at a Madewell. Expensive, yes but I have one pair and they look great every time I wear them. Madewells do not stretch or bag and they fit my body type great. Yes, I love, love, love them. 

Now for the purse. It's part of my vintage collection and is a Furla. I liked the color, simplicity and the length of the straps. From eBay and is the only Furla I own. 

The Oxfords are Nine West and I did get them from Nine West. They have this almost crochet interest that I love. 




And now for the whimsy. I have a collection of vintage Poodle scarfs. They range from classic to Bob Mackie bright. The one I am wearing with this ensemble is probably my favorite. It is a double woven jacquard in silk from France. It is a tad hard to see in the photos above so I created a still life below to show the two-color weave of my scarf and the knot work of the oxfords.  




Finally to my nails. I've been wearing quite a bit of blue lately. My latest is from an Australian Indie by the name of MckFresh and this is their Mermish Tales. This is a scattered holo and is just gorgeous, especially in natural sunlight.





Oh, and a quick report on my shopping gems that night. At Salvation Army I found a black wool crepe shift dress that will be great next Fall. I just need to fiddle with the hem a bit. Also scored was a wool Herringbone vest from Harvé Benard and some Top Shop flats. Kohls had some of their hats on clearance and I found a grey straw Fedora mixed in with all the winter hats. Needless to say, I snapped it up!

Here I am wearing my new hat and vest the very next day. Typical of Missouri, the temps were about 15 degrees warmer. The Poodles (I'm holding Sophia) and I were on our way to watch the boys in Joplin.


That's it for today. Here's to warmer days and take care until we meet again. 

Terri



Today, I am linking up with  Patti's Not Dead Yet Style's Visible Monday HERE, Cherie's  Style Nudge's Shoe and Tell HERE, Nicole's High Latitude Style Linkup HERE, Catherine's Not Dressed As Lamb's I will Wear What I like HERE,
Color and Grace's Link Up Party HERE, Elegantly Dressed and Stylish Turning Heads Tuesday HERE,
Shopping My Closet's Style Me Wednesday HERE, Sydney's Fashion Hunter's Fresh Fashion Forum HERE and
and Fashion Should Be Fun's Fun Friday Fashion Link Up HERE and Style Diary By Osy's Friday Link Up Party HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment