Sunday, April 17, 2016

Opposite Sides

Gateway to the west and pathway to the west*; Saint Louis and Kansas City; These two cities on opposite ends of the state have their differences but when it comes to good design they find common ground.

Today, I’m not doing a total look but three accessories that I own from Kansas City and Saint Louis designers. 

I just recently picked up a necklace from Erin Paige. It is a three dimensional piece that is actually a run over copper pipe. I fell in love with the patina surfaces of this copper piece. I feel as if I'm wearing a mini abstract expressionist painting. There is a much closer view below because it is visually extraordinary. 



 

Erin was recently featured during Kansas City Fashion Week. Her pieces are visually strong and make dramatic statements. 

 

For the moment, I am pairing my new necklace with some earrings I have had quite a while. These were created by Beth Cosner, another Kansas City jewelry designer. I found Beth when she had a small shop at the consignment store Her Majesty's Closet (now closed). With their vintage Lucite and sterling silver, these are a nice fit with a lot of what I wear.

Beth received her Bachelor of Fines Arts at University of Kansas and then entered Gemological Institute in Carlsbad California and became a Graduate jeweler. 

She does not have an online shop but can be contacted for information where her pieces are currently showing. Fellow Heartland blogger, The Arts by Katrina (a link with an interview with Beth Cosner) has created a nice Pinterest Board with Beth's work. 



And now, I move across state. Michael Drummond is know for being a contestant on Project Runway. He showed on Friday of Kansas City Fashion Week. Although, we didn't attend Friday, I was lucky that Michael had a Pop-Up on Saturday.  His designs caught my eye clear across Union Station and Union Station is a big place. 

I decided on this scarf with it's graphic feather. It is just the right size and can be also used as a shawl and I think just brings out the tad dramatic in me. This scarf will be the take-with-me wrap for cool Spring and summer nights.



Feather Scarf approx. 31" x 58"


This scarf is just to much fun!


 Erin Paige necklace

 

The intricacies of the Beth Cosner earrings


Still life-Michael Drummond's tag is copper-so cool


The Polish

Of course, I had to pick a polish to wear with my pieces. This is Lake of Shining Water by Literary LacquerI can't say enough about Amy Milder's creations. She bases her collections on her and her fan's favorite books.The color I am wearing is from the Ann of Green Gable's collection. Started in 2012, Literary Lacquer's quality is impeccable and Amy has such a creative outlook on her polishes. Every August, she makes a limited edition polish for her birthday. I have snagged two birthday polishes at this point and find I always have room for more Literary Lacquer. If you are interested in a safe great Indie polish, check her out on ETSY.


Love holographic!

That's it for today.  I'm sure a lot of us are out enjoying this beautiful (finally!) Spring weather. Take care until we meet again.






Today, I am linking up with Patti's Not Dead Yet Style's Visible Monday HERE, Cherie's  Style Nudge's Shoe and Tell HERE and Catherine's Not Dressed As Lamb's I will Wear What I like HERE, the Wardrobe Stylist's Link-Up HERE,
Color and Grace's Link Up Party HERE, Elegantly Dressed, Stylish Turning Heads Tuesday HERE, Shopping My Closet's Style Me Wednesday HERE, Sydney's Fashion Hunter's Fresh Fashion Forum HERE and Style Diary By Osy's Friday Link Up Party HERE.

* With Gateway to the West, I mean the Saint Louis Arch and with Pathway to the West, I am referencing The Oregon Trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment