Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Joan Miró Inspired Fabric

Women and Birds printed cotton dress fabric, after Joan Miró , produced by Fuller fabric-c. 1955-56

I have been researching fabric lately. Having decided to create my own drapes or Roman Shades for my living room, I’ve been looking for inspirations.  I love Mid-Cen stuff so that is what I have zeroed in on. In the process I have found so many beautiful and creative cloths that has been produced during the last 60 years. From time to time I am going to share my findings.

The Spanish Surrealist artist Joan Miró (April 20,1893 – December 25,1983) inspired the  fabric for this blog edition. Below is an example of Miró's work for those not familiar with it . He has always been one of my favorites.  I have used his work to illustrate the use of color and line with some of my younger students. Plus, having six cats I am just a tad drawn to this one below!

A second article that I have put together with another great fabric design based on  Joan Miró can  be found here. 

For a third article concentrating on  Joan Miró's bird paintings can be found here

  
Cat Encircled by the Flight of  a Bird