Sunday, May 1, 2016

Open House at Amina Marie Millinery

Friday evening was special if you are a hat and textile lover in Kansas City. The combined studio of Amina Marie Millinery and Debbie Barrett-Jones Textiles held an open house of their new shared studio at 633 East 63rd Street. 

I was like a moth to the flame when this event popped up! Often I have a hat on my head and I knit, spin and sometime weave. Not necessary to be to wordy with this post. With these hats and art, visuals are stronger than words.


Trying on one of Amina's Fedoras




Debbie's end of the studio.  My daughter Rachelle is also a Kansas City artist and knows Debbie. They have exhibited in shows together.




Amina of Amina Marie Millinery



Oh, such gorgeous hats......



Close up of a lovely natural straw



Pink would not be my color, but this hat is beautiful for the lucky lady who can wear it.

 

Ami Beck of Dolyn Bags was so lovely in the portrait hat, I had to include her.


I am enamored with this very chic and retro inspired black felt. The jewelry detail makes it special. Not the best picture of me but I had to show this hat. 
Notice Amina's gorgeous confection behind me. 
Also, one of Debbie's weavings is in good view. Both warp and weft yarns change colors. For me, it is a beautiful study of color. 


That's it for today. I am hoping to get to wear some of my straws hats starting in May. The weather here just did not let me in April. Sunscreen is great but wearing a hat leaves me feeling more protected. 

If you were wondering, yes, I am probably going to have a Amina Marie hat in my future. At the moment she is very busy with Derby orders. Many of the hats in this post are soon to be shipped off. But my day is coming.................

Take Care,

 

Today, I am linking up with  Judith of The Style Crone's Hat Attack HERE, Patti's Not Dead Yet Style's Visible Monday HERE, Cherie's  Style Nudge's Shoe and Tell HERE, Catherine's Not Dressed As Lamb's I will Wear What I like HERE, Color and Grace's Link Up Party HERE, Elegantly Dressed and Stylish Turning Heads Tuesday HERE, Shopping My Closet's Style Me Wednesday HERE, Living On Cloud Nine's Style Perspectives HERE, Sydney's Fashion Hunter's Fresh Fashion Forum HERE, Fashion Should Be Fun's Fun Friday Fashion Link Up HERE and Style Diary By Osy's Friday Link Up Party HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment